Bare Arms Recording Booth
At the Bare Arms HQ in Westminster, we have converted one of our rooms into a small stand-alone recording studio, designed for actors to be able to record voice overs and audiobooks. Built around a professional Kube Silver VO booth, with a Rode NT1 condenser microphone and a 3rd Gen Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface, it provides the perfect professional, yet affordable setup for those without access to a full-blown studio.
The setup has been designed to eliminate as much internal and external noise as possible, and includes features such as remote cabling options for your laptop. This means devices with fans can remain outside the booth, but be controlled from inside, reducing both heat and noise.Uniquely the room is at basement level to the rear of the building meaning a huge reduction in noise, but at the same time the area is open to the fresh air. Access can be arranged 24/7, with secure parking available for cars and bikes (paid via RingGo between 7am-7pm on weekdays, free other times).
All you need is your own laptop and recording software, everything else is provided and is ready to go. New to recording and voiceover? You can book a one-on-one tutored session with our award-winning voiceover artist who will guide you through both the technical and performance elements of the process from start to finish.
Laptop on the fritz or left on the 16:09 to Durham?! You can hire one of ours for a small additional fee.
- Kube Silver Booth (1.8m x 1.2m) – sound proofed and dampened
- Rode NT Condenser Microphone
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Interface
- 50mpbs+ wi-fi and HD webcam for live direction
- A/C and heating
- Remote capability for laptops. Philips 21.5″ LCD monitor, wireless Apple mouse and Apple keyboard
- IKEA Lidkullen adjustable active sit/stand support stool
- iPad stand
- Ring light and phone cradle readily available
- Cables and plugs provided, ready for use with your laptop
- Designed by a professional, award-winning voiceover artist, who has used the setup to record numerous 5*-rated audiobooks
- Stand alone recording space. No noisy bands next door!
- 24/7 access if required
- Toilet on site
- Secure parking available
- Central London with excellent transport links
Booth hire rates
|AM Session: 0800-1230||£75.00||4hrs recording plus 30mins get in / get out|
|PM Sessions: 1300-1730||£75.00||4hrs recording plus 30mins get in / get out|
|Full Day: 8hrs||£135.00||Flexible start/end timings|
|Evening Sessions: 1800-2200||£60.00||Further out of hours recording can be arranged|
|Additional/Pickup Hours:||£20.00 p/h||At the end/beginning of a session or pickup hours (where available)|
|Coached Sessions:||+£60.00 p/h||In addition to session rate. Please email for availability.|
|Laptop Hire:||+£10.00 p/h||In addition to session rate.|